Friday, November 30, 2012

Me...A TV Star??


I have a TV show? In South Africa? Apparently I do!
Several months ago I gave a non-profit org there permission to show my DVD's on TV; provided only that they posted where people could order my DVD's if they wanted to, and that the showing would be non-profit. 
Over the years we've had any number of orders from every English speaking country, from Africa to New Zealand. The DVD's have also been shown on any number of Public TV stations in the US, both with and without my permission. This latest request from S. Africa wasn't much out of the ordinary. 
What I didn't expect was some of the most gratifying e-mails I've ever received. In the latest, the fellow told me he was "going to continue to watch (my) TV show for more gardening tips."
My purpose in making those DVD's, at considerable cost, wasn't with the dream of getting lots of money. My purpose was to help people get control of their food safety and quality, save money, do something for the environment, and enjoy the family unifying adventure that vegetable gardening can be.
With this latest S. African development, I'm considering my original purpose for the DVD's fulfilled.
I thank you all.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment