Monday, May 17, 2010

How do you Make a Tomato?

“Wow! I can’t wait to go home and make a Tomato!”
The lady from the office down the hall was very excited when she brought back “the Organic Tomato” DVD that she had just watched on her computer.
“That’s exactly what I needed to see. I’ve read the books and the articles and still I can’t do it just from reading about it. You’ve shown every step of how to do it and explained it so well. You’ve made it so that anyone can grow a tomato! You’re the Rocket Scientist of Tomatoes! Where’d you learn all that?”

You can’t know how thrilled I was to hear exactly that response-again. She was repeating, almost exactly, what every one of the first twenty people said who saw this DVD before I released it. That was exactly the purpose for making the original “Organic Gardening Made Easy,” in the first place.

A Rocket Scientist I am not. I spent 2-3 hours every day for 2-3 years reading every book and article I could find on vegetable gardening. It took the first six months to figure out that much of it was impractical, much of it was far more technical than it needed to be, and much of it was just plain wrong. Twenty-four years of actually doing it, trying various methods, continuous reading and close observation, are what I put into those two DVD’s. A Rocket Scientist would never have had to work at it as hard as I did.

I wanted to teach people only what they had to know in order to grow their own “amazing” vegetables. Looks easy? Exactly! But it took me 24 years of work, study and application to be able to make it that way for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment