Monday, May 17, 2010

One Dark Night...

He died at 94 from burn complications suffered while carrying furniture out of his burning house. His father fought for Dixie in the Civil War and let Jesse and his gang hide out on his farm in Missouri after one of their bank robberies in a nearby town. His son, my grandfather, died of natural causes at the age of 94. They smoked, they drank, and they raised their own food, every bit of it. If chemicals were ever available for their farming and gardening, they wouldn’t have been able to afford them, even if they might have stooped to use them.
I’ve had cancer, heart disease and cluster headaches over 2 protracted periods. I’m 67. My blood pressure is normal, no cholesterol problems, and the heart disease that haunted me for 15 years disappeared over 30 years ago. I’m a “long term cancer survivor.” I’ve smoked for 50 years; have a glass of with dinner. Dinner usually includes some kind of meat, be it chicken, fish, pork or beef. Still I can outrun, out jump, out walk, out fight, out cuss, out lie and out talk at least 95% of fellows my age, most of them purer than I. I’ve lived longer than my father, one grandfather, 2 brothers and 2 uncles. Good genes? Certainly. Good eating habits? Dubious. But the meat I eat is as pure as it can be in this world, and the vegetables I’ve been eating for 25 years have been grown in my front and back yards—as purely organic, nutrient laden and as fresh as any that exist anywhere in the world.
When I read about e-coli killing people and destroying lives, see poisonous pesticides freely sold and used on lawns, landscaping and vegetables, kids eating junk food 3 times a day, with 1/3 of them condemned to some form of diabetes, I wonder when we the people, will say, “Enough!”
Now I read that the oil and chemical companies, in hand with the drug makers, the pharmaceutical companies, have been given a free pass by our elected congressional “Representatives” on their deadly “medicines.” They can kill and maim any or all of us they want and not be held accountable. That’s because the “Scientific” community has deemed some fraud like “swine flu,” an “epidemic,” and some kind of “national emergency.”
“Our food should be our medicine,” said Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine. What have we done to our families, and ourselves and what power over our own lives have we given up?
Every medicine in use today is experimental. Every one of them is “experimental.” And yet somebody who says they’re an “expert” tells us we need them. We, like sheep, buy them.
I’ll continue my wicked ways, grow my own non-toxic vegetables and I’ll personally take care of whatever meat my family and I use. I know how to buy untainted meat and properly handle it. There hasn’t been a toxic chemical in my vegetable beds in the 25 years it’s been since I built them. And I, for one, won’t ‘go quietly into this dark night.’

No comments:

Post a Comment